Tourism is one of the most important and largest source of employment on the planet sustaining more people worldwide than any other industry with millions of families relying on tourism for their daily needs. There are negatives to tourism but we at Mountain Bike Kerala believe that our type of small group, positive impact tourism can bring benefits to many communities, help preserve the environments we travel to see, and provide real and positive social exchanges.
We are aware of our obligation to operate our tours responsibly and sustainably, committed to the well-being of the communities that have supported us and our guests over the years hie at the sea time trying to negate any environmental impact of our visits and travel.
- Small groups have less impact on local communities and environments.
- We believe in putting money directly into the communities we visit by using local owned accommodation, tea shops and places to eat.
- We are careful to ensure that local staff and operators receive a fair rate for their services.
- We encourage our own staff to take an active interest in responsible and sustainable tourism and train them accordingly so that they can put our policies into practice.
- We endeavour to ensure that our practices help in the environmental conservation of the areas we visit.
- We provide our clients with advice and guidelines on how to respect the social, cultural and religious beliefs of local communities.